Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Summer wrap-up

By now-kids across the country are back to school.  It is hard to grasp that this summer has come and gone.  I feel like I was just handing out report cards and asking my former students about their summer plans.  Why does summer always go so fast?

So much has gone on this summer.  We've dealt with all the logistics of selling and buying a home in another town, while living separate. We took our first vacation as a family of four.  We've had countless play dates, days at the park, outings to the library, the zoo, the museum.  It is crazy how different this summer is than last.  Obviously, having two kids was different, but man oh man, when I looked back at the beginning of summer to now, those two peanuts have changed and grown leaps and bounds!

Here are some of the wonderful changes I'll always want to remember:

**Beau**
I can't believe how much you've grown.  Your personality has really come out strong and I am in love with your always happy, lit up the room smiling, content being.  At the start of summer, you were only rolling. You've gone from rolling to army crawling to a one leg drag to the bear crawl. Your upper body strength is incredible as you scamper across the room so fast and pull up to anything you can get your hands on.  You love to play, especially with your big brother.  You want to be a part of whatever he is doing, sometimes to Hud's dismay.  I hope that the two of you will always be close because the adoration between you two is so clear.  You have also shown that you are fiercely independent.  You want to try things for yourself, whether it is been at mealtime or when you climbed into the tub on your own fully clothed.  You definitely keep us on our toes. But when you are into mischief, you are not going to be easy to discipline.  Any time I tell you know, your face immediately crumbles and I, of course, scoop you up because I hate to see you cry.  Your dad and I will have a long road if one of us can't get tough. :)  You, sweet Beau bear, are also a lover.  You love to be close whether it is me holding you, you sitting on my lap, or just resting your head on my hand or leg- you love to feel the presence of those you love close to you.  We can not wait to see how the rest of your first year unfolds.  












**Hudson**
You have become such a little man this summer.  I am amazed at how smart you are.  You ask so many questions and are definitely into the "why" phase.  We try to answer the best we can because we know you take everything in and have an uncanny ability to remember what you're told.  You have become so independent, wanting us to always let you do it.  You have mastered so many things this summer. Getting dressed and undressed by yourself, buckling your car seat, putting on your shoes. I love that you want to pray before your meals and never forget.  I love the way you *usually* use your manners.  I love the way you talk to Beau, such a mini-parent.  The way you tell him it's ok or reassure him when he cries.  It blesses my heart. With dad being away so much this summer, it has also been wonderful to see the helpful side of you grow.  You love to get a "chore" whether it's putting your clothes in the hamper, switching laundry to the dryer, "folding" clothes, picking up your toys.  You are such a great little helper.  I love how we "read" together and after a few times you are saying the words with me.  I know God has big plans for you.  You are so, so special sweet boy.  








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to this crazy life! Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers and connecting with you all! Xoxo~Bekah