Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Weekend Recap

Yeah so, technically I meant to post this yesterday but you know how Mondays can be right? Now add to that a traveling husband and we'll just say I ran out of time.

In all actuality, I just filled  my day yesterday will my boys.  I was drinking in my time with them.  It was a perfect 70+ degree day {the only day like that this week} so we spent the morning outside, came in for lunch, and then met friends at the park to play. I made a SUPER simple dinner for the boys and then took them for ice cream; for which I had coupons so they indulged to the happy price of FREE! ;)

So no post yesterday.

But I feel like that perfect Monday come on the heels of a really great weekend.

{Friday}
Friday was a typical day. We didn't have any big plans really.  Our boys slept later than usual because of a late night with friends the night before (more on that later). My brother came over to pick up Beau's old crib.  He and my sister-in-law, Tori, are having their first baby in August.  Another boy for that side of the family!! Andrew and I chatted with him for quite awhile.  Hudson and Beau loved that Uncle J was over!

My friend, Tessa, messaged me about having lunch.  This girl is one of the funniest, sweetest people I know so when I asked the boys if they wanted to have lunch with Tessa, they were all about it! Any adult interaction in my week is a plus. It was kind of cold and dreary, but we took the boys out for a walk.  About a mile in we realized how cold and dreary it actually was.  I ended up carrying Beau the whole mile home, Tessa carried Gabe, and poor Hud ran/walked the whole way! Such a trooper!

We came home and changed into some warmer clothes. Then, we met my in-laws for pizza.  They came over for a bit after dinner to watch a local high school team in the semi-final state basketball game.  After they left, it was still kind of early but Andrew and I had been totally thrown off from the time change so decided to go to bed! How exciting are we!

{Saturday}
Saturday morning Andrew and I were going to split duties.  I needed to spring clean. I had already done my regular cleaning for the week but wanted to clean and scrub all the baseboards, clean my windows, dust on top of my cabinets, mop and vacuum again.  Hudson needed to get a blood draw (his iron levels have been low). That obviously is no fun task so Andrew and Hudson had a special breakfast date before and then shopped for a friend's birthday present after. (See how we planned that--good, bad, good??)  Beau, Gabe and I got to work.  We were pretty much finished up by the time the other two got home.

After lunch and getting the boys down for nap, Andrew went for a run and then I went for a run.  It was such a beautiful day.  I wanted to take full advantage so decided to go further than I had been.  I *thought* I remembered this route I had run with a friend, but apparently I didn't.  I ended up getting turned around so three miles turned into about four and a half.  It felt really good though and the day was beautiful!

I got cleaned up, made a corn casserole and then we loaded up to head to a friend's house for a cookout.  Their set up was so beautiful, y'all. Their patio off the back, with a pool and this gorgeous gas fire pit.  And then the backyard rolls down hill and backs up to a conservation area, which is perfect because they have like 8 horses or something.  My boys were in heaven!! They rode a pony, rode the gator, ate burgers, chips and cookies. Talk about an ideal night! The sunset was beautiful.  And I don't know if there is anything than spending the night with great friends around an open fire.  Gabe was so mesmerized by the flames he fell asleep in my arms. We went home happy and tired.

{Sunday}
We woke up and got ready for church. We were well rested since the boys slept in and Gabe SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! Are you rejoicing with me??? (I mean, technically, he woke up at 5:30 for a bottle..but 9 pm to 5:30 am is through the night in my book!!)

Church was wonderful.  We went to my parents' for lunch after and played there. Then Andrew had to go out of town for work.  The boys went down for a late nap.  We spent the evening playing outside and taking a walk.  Hudson is riding a big boy bike with training wheels.  He does great until we have to cross from one side of the sidewalk to another.  He slows down and hits the incline awkward and tips.  He definitely bit it a few times but he was getting better towards the end.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend too! And have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a full night of sleep!! That has to be the BEST feeling! Fingers crossed it continues :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to this crazy life! Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers and connecting with you all! Xoxo~Bekah