Monday, June 15, 2015

Weekend Recap

This weekend was one of those simple weekends but one I want to remember forever. 

Andrew left Friday morning to head to our Kentucky property.  He wanted to do some work on it; get it ready for hunting season and just get to know the property better. 

The boys and I had a work morning.  I wanted to get some tasks knocked off our list before we head out to vacation.  They were big helpers playing outside while I cleaned out the van, helping me at the store. 

It was a really hot day Friday. We decided to forgo nap time (Gabe wasn't going down for his afternoon nap well anyway) and have some fun in the backyard with water.  Sprinklers, water table, buckets, squirt guns. They boys were delighted. 





When they had enough of the water (and heat) we came inside to play. I am starting a round of the 21 Day Fix with my challengers on Monday so prepped my breakfasts and some lunches for the next week.  I love prepping food! It makes staying on track so much easier and my grocery budget always seems less. I guess I am more decisive about my meals so less throwing extras into the cart! 

I eat two "muffins" for breakfast. They count as one red and one green.


Gabe is cutting his fourth bottom tooth (giving him a total of EIGHT!) so went to bed earlier than normal! Bless his heart! Cutting teeth, pulling up to everything and moving all over the house wears a guy out! 

The boys and I colored before they went to bed.  It has been something of a habit lately.  I love unwinding after our days, talking about whatever they want, watching them choose colors and create. 



After the boys went to bed, a friend came over to visit for awhile.  You know those friends who you can talk about anything with? Who make you laugh and when they leave you are blessed by your time with them? I am so thankful for the great friends in my life! 

Saturday was a lazy morning.  We slept in. I made breakfast. Nothing that needed immediate attention. No where we had to be. It was pure bliss! We ran out to my mother in law's (my father in law was with Andrew) to see her and the boys' cousins for a bit. We picked up some activities for the boys to take in the car on vacation.  We made it home for lunch and they were all fading fast.  I got all three down for a nap! 

When they woke up I promised them a pizza and movie night. They also requested candy so went on a candy run too! They sure know how to work their mama! ;) 

When we got home from picking out a movie, I gave Hud and Beau haircuts and we played outside.  We took baths a bit earlier than usual and then settled in for our movie night. 

Candy selections made. 

Pizza and apple slices. Simple was the motto of the weekend. 


Andrew got home late Saturday night and our Sunday was a pretty typical one.  We went to church and then to lunch with friends. We got caught up on some work around the house.  

Such a simple weekend but one that was filled with fun! 

This time next week we will be on vacation! Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to this crazy life! Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers and connecting with you all! Xoxo~Bekah