Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Weekend Recap: Labor Day

Man it is hard to find time to blog while juggling our new addition and settling into life! I feel a bit disconnected from reading my favorites but such is life! We will find our rhythm and routine again! (Right???)

All last week Andrew took off work to be home with us and it was amazing.  If we could ever find a way for us to both work from home I would do it! I (and the boys) adored having him with us! We knew we wanted to spend the weekend soaking up his last few days off.

On Saturday, we woke up and got everything ready for a quick trip back to Decatur.  My uber-talented friend was squeezing us in for a newborn/family session. I can not even tell you how excited I am to get these photos back.  I had her do some shots of just Gabe of course but I really wanted to capture our family in this new stage.  So she shot some of just the brothers, the boys with Andrew, the boys with me, and some family too! Don't worry, I will post those up as soon as we get them! :)

After pictures we stopped at one of our favorite spots back home to grab some lunch.  My mom met us because she was coming to stay this week with us.  Since I had a section I am technically not allowed to pick up anything heavier than Gabe or drive for two weeks.  I am not so good about that but having an extra set of hands while I try to figure out how to wrangle three kids, three and under is BEYOND helpful! I am so grateful to have her here with is!

By the time we got home on Saturday everyone was pretty tired.  We ate dinner, got baths and watched a bit of Pocahontas. {I taped it for the boys weeks ago and they love the music} Needless to say we all slept hard.  Well, in between feedings.  Which {sidenote} currently, are about every 2-3 hours.  Could be better, could be worse.  But Gabe is such an easy baby.  He goes right back to sleep after his feeding.

On Sunday I woke up to the scent of blueberry muffins and the sounds of my big boys giggling at the kitchen table.  Gammy had them up and ready for the day! It was so sweet! Sunday was hot and muggy but the boys wanted to be outside.  I sat with Gabe in the shade and it wasn't bad at all.  Andrew set up the boys mini pool and put their slide with it.  They had so much fun sliding into the water, playing with water guns and dumping buckets on each other!

After a busy day outside, that evening we took it easy.  We rented The Lego Movie and made a big pile of blankets and pillows on the floor.  We also made brownie sundaes, something that I don't think we've ever made together but they sure were good! Hudson was very into the movie.  Beau, not so much. Gabe pretty much slept through it! ;)

On Monday, we planned to keep the day low-key.  The past week had been extremely busy with multiple trips to Springfield, then a trip to Decatur and a new baby...we just knew we needed to get back on a schedule at our house.  We spent the day watching movies, playing inside, and getting Hudson's things ready for his big first day of preschool on Tuesday.

I hated to see last week end, having everyone at home.  But I am looking ahead to fall and it's glory! I can not wait for all the fun my favorite season brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to this crazy life! Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers and connecting with you all! Xoxo~Bekah