Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Happy birthday, Beau bear

This year has been a whirlwind for our family.  There have been lots of changes and transitions but I can confidently say the highlight of this past year was going from a family of three to four.

I remember the day we found out we were expecting our sweet Beau.  It was St. Patrick's Day.  I was in such shock over the positive result that I went on to take two more tests.  To say that this pregnancy was unexpected would be an understatement.

Four short weeks earlier, Andrew and I endured the heartache of a miscarriage.  We were six weeks along when we lost our little one too soon.  My doctor assured me I had done nothing wrong; these things happen and it would be safe to get pregnant in a few months- let my body heal.  Yet, anyone who knows me knows, that once something is set in motion, I RUN with it.  I had already seen our next holiday season with two babies; our big and our little.  My heart and arms ached to hold a newborn.

Thankfully, we serve a God who is loving and often gives us the desires of our heart but in a time that He sees fit.  Beau was definitely a sweet surprise; one that absolutely filled a longing in my heart and a hole in our family.

Sweet Beau, we fell in love with you the moment we saw you.  The minute your cries filled the room, everyone was in awe of how handsome you were- and how BIG you were! You were easy right from the go, so cooperative for the nurses and your first feeding.





You adore your brother and he loves you and is fiercely protective of you (unless he wants a toy you are occupying, then you are on your own).


Anyone who knows is blessed by your sweet personality, easy to come by giggle, and light up the room smile.  Those you know you best know that your smile also hides a mischievous side.





You are such a snuggler.  You are perfectly content to sit next to, on top of, as close as you can get to your dad or I.  It warms my heart how you relish being close to us.  I love that those sweet newborn cuddles didn't stop even as you became more mobile.



You are inquisitive and into everything.  I love your sense of adventure; the desire to figure things out, while also hating how exhausted it makes me.  Yet you already know in your short year how to use your beautiful blue eyes to melt away any displeasure that comes your way.  (I will have to work on holding my ground against that one day!)



I love how fearless you are.  You see no need to slow down or take caution.  You are absolutely ecstatic to be scared out of your skin during a game of hide and seek.

Your laughter is infectious.  It comes from deep within and is pure.

I am so blessed to be your mama, Beau.  Thank you for giving me just a small glimpse of how much God loves His children.  I never knew how much love a heart could hold, or how that heart could extend so much to make room for more love.

I don't know the path God has for you yet but I am so sure it is going to be great.  You are loved. You are cherished.  You are wanted more than you will ever know.  Happy first birthday, Beau bear!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to this crazy life! Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers and connecting with you all! Xoxo~Bekah