Friday, May 16, 2014

Five on Friday!

Happy Friday! I feel like this week has flown by which I don't really know why because around here this week has been pretty low key! It is always the weekends that are jam packed and this weekend is more of the same! I decided to do a quick link up because I love linky parties and finding other blogs to read {in my spare time, HA!} so here we go...

O N E
This weather has a pregnant lady going INSANE! I did not show at all during the cold months. I fit into my clothes quite nicely so had begun to buy a few maternity things for spring/summer {more summer}.  Wouldn't you know we went from a high 80* day on Monday with our air blasting, to mid 60s, and today, well today I want to turn on the heat.  This makes choosing an outfit for ANYTHING a bit of a dilemma.  I also hate detest am not a fan of maternity clothes, probably because I feel like I look like a tent in most of them.  If anyone has some wonderful places and outfit ideas to get me through the rest of spring and summer- please, please- send them my way!

T W O
I am still keeping up with cooking.  I typically cook every night and this was the first week that I wanted to scrap every meal and order in! But I resisted.  I am sure there will be more of that growing feeling as our due date approaches and especially after the little man arrives but I am still trying to eat as healthy as possible.  This week I tried a new dish.  I was a total fan!


T H R E E 
I have been obsessed with painting my nails lately! I love bright colors in the summer.  I am not really a bright pink or red girl except on my toes.  I just don't feel like it looks great on me.  But orangey-reds, blues, and other odd fun girls totally take my heart.  Here are some colors I am dying over right now. 


F O U R
Huge congrats to my brother-in-law, Aaron, {who will probably never read this!} but he is graduating this weekend from electrician school.  He has put in so much hard work these past years all while raising our two sweet nieces and being a pretty incredible husband and uncle! I know his family will be excited for no more long days of work then class! 

F I V E
Summer reads?? I love to read and I especially love reading during summer time.  I feel like we are in the car going on trips or if I can lay in the sun during naps.  {Idyllic thinking?} Anywho, I need some summer reads to add to my list.  I just finished the Divergent series. Behind? I know! I love fun.  I love fiction but a good historical nonfiction or biography peaks my interest too.  Some of my favorite authors are Karen Kingsbury, Emily Giffin, Nicholas Sparks.  Oh, I also love parenting books! I loved Parenting Beyond your Capacity, Giving them Grace, What a Difference a Mom Makes. What are you reading this summer?



7 comments:

  1. That meal looks like something that my husband would love! And, I'm not pregnant but I always feel like I see really cute maternity clothes in Target!. Congratulations on your new little life and miracle! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I check out target often! Thank goodness for their maxi dresses and skirts!! :)

      Delete
  2. That mac & trees looks really good! I'd never think to do it with spaghetti squash, brilliant!
    Your nails are beautiful. I have terrible nails so I never paint them.
    I love reading in the summer as well. Laying by the pool with a good book is an ideal day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--by the pool is definitely an amazing addition! :)

      Delete
  3. Those nail colors are fun! I'm about to start reading Gone Girl...I've heard it's good. I'm also just finishing Love & Respect which is a must-read though it's non-fiction :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love summer nails. I will have to check out Gone Girl! Love and Respect is so good. I read it our first year of marriage.

      Delete
  4. Stopping by from the link-up. I'm a huge reader. I just finished the Insurgent. If you haven't yet, read The Book Thief, Wolf of Wall Street, and The Testing. I have a book list on my blog if you want to check it out! Happy Friday!

    http://www.omgitsliz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to this crazy life! Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers and connecting with you all! Xoxo~Bekah