Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Got faith? God has this!

I have posted several times in here about how Andrew and I felt God was calling us to take the leap and accept the job in Pittsfield.  I even posted about my fears of leaving our family and friends, the comfortable and embarking on the unknown.

But can I be real for a second? One of my biggest fears concerning the move was money.  This move was taking us from two incomes to one income.  The decision in me not working was the fact that we know no one.  Our boys had been through such a transition all summer with Andrew working out of town, us packing and moving; the thought of leaving them with someone they had never met was too much.  So in essence, we were consciously making this choice but at the same time it was a part of the move.

We discussed at length the choices we would make to help compensate for me staying at home with the boys.  We downsized our mortgage, we didn't have a daycare fee, etc. But still, there was that part of me that kept saying, what if? What if this expense comes up? What if your car breaks down? The boys get sick? One of us gets sick? Yes, we have savings but some things can eat that up quickly.  Money seemed to be the glitch we kept getting stuck on when trying to make our decision.  Every time WE (Andrew and Bekah) decided that the sacrifice would be too much, GOD showed up.  In a sermon; in a small group lesson; in a blog I read. And we knew what God was saying, "TRUST me. I have this!"

Proverbs 16:9 "In their hearts, humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps."

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your path."

Philipians 4:19 "And my God will supply all your needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."

Well, we moved. Obviously. And I stopped worrying about money and our finances and all has been well in our world.  Right? WRONG! I'd like that statement to be true but it isn't.  But here is the great thing about my God.  He is greater than my fears, worries and anxiousness.  He is real.  He is active.  And he recognizes our faith.

This week Andrew and I got two unexpected bills. And this week we also got a refund check for something that was overcharged throughout the year because of a high estimation.  God has this.

Andrew and I budget for every penny and know where it's going to go.  Looking over the budget this month, rechecking what was coming in and out, discussing Beau's birthday and other upcoming events, we realized that somehow we were going to come out ahead this month.  GOD has this!!

I'm not saying that we can become lazy people and say God has this and rely on him to pay our bills.  What I am saying is that God is capable of meeting our needs in ways we can't ask or imagine if we follow His call on our lives.

What is waiting for you on the other side of where God's calling you to go? Heed the call, friends.  His path for you is so much greater than you imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to this crazy life! Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers and connecting with you all! Xoxo~Bekah