Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Rainy days and a thankful heart

Yesterday was a rainy day for most of the morning.  And I don't know about you but there is just something about a rainy day during the fall that I just adore.  Maybe it is because it's a bit cooler so everyone is dressed a bit snugglier. Maybe it's because I take the opportunity to light candles because it makes the house feel warmer and less dreary.  Or maybe it's because my kids are at those sweet ages where imaginations are beginning; they are playing together; and I am there to witness it all.  I am so thankful for this time at home with my boys.

I am thankful to soak up extra snuggles with my boys.

I am thankful for the moments I get to listen in while Hudson "reads" his books during lunch prep.  It never ceases to amaze me how many books he has memorized and with the exact rhythm and cadence they are read to him in.  *so sweet*

I am thankful for the squeals of delight as the boys pull EVERY pillow from the couch to play on.

I am thankful for the floor that needs mopped 1892 times a week because all our meals and snacks seem to be messy.

I am thankful that Hudson loves to help me with all kinds of chores.  I pray that servant spirit is one that grows in him and that he will one day bless others with it, including his future family.

I am thankful even on the days when the boys don't nap because it's a couple more hours of time with them that I won't ever have again.

I am thankful on the days they do nap because..well, let's just keep it real, mama NEEDS nap time some days!!

And I am so thankful for a God who continually pours His blessings over us so I can be at home majority of the time.

Xo-Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to this crazy life! Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers and connecting with you all! Xoxo~Bekah