Thursday, November 14, 2013

Five on Friday

How is it Friday already?? These weeks are just flying by.  But that is kind of ok because that means the weeks to Thanksgiving and Christmas are becoming fewer and fewer.  Let's just jump in, shall we?

ONE
Christmas music.  Why do I stop listening to you, like ever? It has been playing at our house all week.  And I don't care what kind of day I'm having or how much we have to do, it totally makes the day better.  I love it all: the classics, the crooners, the instrumentals.  I also love having two little boys to share all this music with.  As Hudson gets older and more aware of what things are all about it makes this season so much more exciting.

TWO
Christmas shopping--I've already started a bit. I have the plan pretty much mapped out. I must say that we don't go super big with our boys.  I remember always thinking that my kids would tear into package after package but one year when I was teaching, a student talked about how her family only did three gifts.  And the way she talked about each gift was so special.  She truly appreciated and valued what she got.  So that got me to thinking about our boys and how I always said I wanted them to focus on giving versus receiving.  Plus our boys' sweet grandparents certainly spoil them in a way that puts Santa to shame. :) What is your rule of thumb?

THREE
I so want to have a sweet family picture of all FOUR of us for our Christmas card this year but I feel like we are running out of time. I put it off all summer because I don't really want a summer photo on my Christmas card (unless we are at a beach and it's an amazing setting like this..

 but we weren't this past year) but then the fall get's so stinking busy and well, here I am- no photo as of yet.  Here's to hoping Pinterest will spark some creativity. (See how cute they all are!!)


FOUR
We are purchasing a real tree this year for the first time since we have been married.  Our other tree had some lights go out and I missed having a real tree (from childhood) so that is the plan.  The dilemma: I want to put up said tree like, yesterday, but a real tree just won't last that long.  (Not in a house where I may or may not forget to water it).  We will be going to Bomke's Patch which is where we also went for to get our pumpkins this year.  It was the sweetest place.  I can't wait to see what it is like at Christmas time.

FIVE
The Elf...are you guys ready for it?? We were not the most creative with our sweet guy last year what, with having a newborn in our house and the elf making it's debut just two short weeks later, a mama having to go in for a gall bladder removal a week after that.  That sweet little guy was just blessed to move around the house (most days!)  This year I am making a plan.  I just know Hudson will be even more into this year and I can't wait to see him get up each morning to look for the elf.  We don't do gifts from the elf typically, just a special arrival breakfast.  What do you all do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to this crazy life! Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers and connecting with you all! Xoxo~Bekah