Sunday, March 30, 2014

Happy Birthday, Andrew!

Happiest of birthdays to my husband, Andrew!! I can not believe how long we have been a part of one another's lives! So in honor of his 27th birthday, I am going to list 27 facts about us/reasons I love him! And of course, some photos! ;)

1. We met when we were 12. Andrew moved into town so he started junior high with me.  We had reading together, I recall.  And some math classes. I immediately thought the "new boy" was cute.

2. I kissed Andrew first.  He was walking me to my car.  We were only friends, not dating at ALL, and he I assumed was going to kiss me but was only giving me a hug.  Overzealous much?

3. We attended Junior and Senior Prom together.

4. I love that Andrew is athletic.  I am not (at ALL) but he excels at every sport he played.  I dig it!

5. Andrew and I made a pact (although I don't think he whole-heartedly was as vested as me) that we would get married at 30 if we were both still single.  Looks like we beat that time clock!

June 20, 2009

6. Our first date was to O'Charley's. I got pasta and he got a buffalo chicken sandwich.  He let me snag a few of his fries. #truelove

7. Andrew is an amazing father.  Seriously. The way he loves our kids makes me fall for him harder each day.  He is an amazing example to our boys.


8. He did not officially start dating until two weeks before college.

9. We went on a break once during college. I called it quits and I was the one who wanted him back.  #IadmitwhenImwrong



10. Even though we didn't date in high school, I didn't want him to date anyone else either.  (This fact will not shock our high school friends.  Haha)

11. Andrew has always made me feel special. Always. Dating or not, he has always treated me with a respect and love that I can only hope I return to him.


12. He is an impeccable dresser. It was one of the first things that attracted me to him.

13. Andrew is a loyal and true friend.  I think he is one of the most liked people I know.  I think that is admirable.  I don't meet a lot of people like that.

14. He proposed on a boat with fireworks shooting off.  I was almost too busy with fireworks to hear what he was saying.
On the boat at sunset

15. He is my best friend.  He knows more about me than anyone else.

16. Our wedding was perfect.  Extremely hot, but perfect.  I will always remember seeing him for the first time that day.

17. Andrew and I are born two days apart.

18. I love that Andrew is outdoorsy.  As much as I complain about the camo, hunting supplies and hours in a stand with sometimes nothing to show, I love that he has a deep love and respect for the land.

19. I purposefully would try to make time to chat with Andrew before and after school in high school.  (I believe he will admit to the same).

20. Andrew is my favorite person to road trip with.  He seriously makes car rides the best.  We have driven to Tennessee (twice), Colorado, Alabama, DC, and to St. Louis and Chicago countless times.

Gulf Shores, Alabama 2007
21. In our four and a half short years of marriage we have moved 4 times.

22. I love that I still get butterflies when you walk in the door from work.

23. Andrew has always been comfortable with silence.  He and I have never had to fill the air with conversation.  He is someone I could always just "be" with.


24. We were engaged for two years.

25. I knew I could marry him July, 4, 2005.

26. His eyes are my favorite feature.

27. I love the way you have always loved me.  In a love that is selfless and sees past my flaws; that supports and uplifts.

Happy birthday, babe! I look forward to getting older with you each year!! Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Soo cute!! Love reading all the facts :) You two are perfect for each other and I can see the love you two have not only in pictures but in person :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to this crazy life! Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers and connecting with you all! Xoxo~Bekah