Wednesday, February 18, 2015

"Cowabunga, dude!!"

Growing up, I definitely did not watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  And even though I had two brothers, they didn't watch the show either.  Needless to say, I was oblivious to turtle power.

That is until Andrew.  Andrew grew up loving TMNT. He had toys, lunch boxes, the bedding set, VHS tapes--he was a die hard.

You can imagine his excitement when Hudson found interest in the turtle gang.  Andrew's mom had a whole trunk of old figurines and play sets. Hudson and Andrew started playing with them whenever we were over there. Hud's new found fascination has only grown so when asked what kind of party he wanted for his 4th birthday, it was no surprise when he said Mikey-angelo (his favorite turtle).

What little I know about turtles is that they love a good time, they love to defend the city from Shredder and the other bad guys, and they LOVE pizza!

Andrew's grandparents own a fabulous pizza shop in our town.  They have had it for over 25 years. Andrew had a childhood party there and so when he suggested it I though the idea was perfect!

Hudson's party pretty much planned itself after that.  The kids would come and make their own pizzas, a simple game, some cake and presents.  Just a really simple, sweet party with our family and Hudson's closest buddies.

When I was setting up, I began to worry if it was enough.  (Darn Pinterest for making me feel inadequate at times!!) But when Hudson told Andrew and I it was the best party ever, and I saw his little face beaming and heard his belly laughs with his friends, that worry totally dissipated.

Happy 4th birthday, sweet Hud!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to this crazy life! Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers and connecting with you all! Xoxo~Bekah