Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Our Weekend Through Monday

Well-- yesterday was a bit of a doozey as far as Monday's go and I just did NOT get around to catching up about our weekend {which was pretty fabulous as far as weekends go}. So here is a little rewind of our weekend plus a day!

{F R I D A Y}
Friday when Hudson got off the bus it just felt like the weekend was finally here! It has been so awesome to watch Hudson adapt to kindergarten, hear about his day and just watch him grow even more into who he is.

The weather was beautiful so we tossed his school things inside and played in the backyard for a bit. I also took some time in between playing to work on the boys' activity binders for the plane. I made one for Hudson and one for Beau. In them I put some busy bag activities, some color sheets, blank construction paper, stickers, mini post its and some worksheets from workbooks (my boys LOVE workbook pages...no idea why but I won't fight it!)

I thought we could do patterns with the stickers on the mini construction paper. They could draw with their crayons, write words, etc on the other blank paper. The mini post its are different colors to play a game of tic-tac-toe on the drop down trays. Just simple things to keep them busy. Gabe can also draw and use the stickers. He has packed some books, miniature animals and Disney characters to play with too!

My in-laws also gifted each boy with an mini activity book that works with a water pen. Hopefully they will have enough to keep them busy! If not, there is always the last resort of the iPad but I'm hoping that we don't have to use that until maybe the plane ride home! ;)

We grabbed some dinner after playing outside at a Mexican restaurant (our boys LOVE Mexican). We had some family snuggle time before bed and wrapped up our night. 

{S A T U R D A Y}
Saturday was Hudson's last soccer game of the outdoor season. Neither Andrew or I played soccer before so we really had no idea what we were getting into but we have grown to LOVE watching our boys play soccer. This has been Hudson's third season. He has played with the same friends each season and it is the most fun! They have gotten better each year and are learning so many skills, the importance of sportsmanship and teamwork. 

He ended the season on a high note scoring two goals! So proud of his hustle!!




We came home after the game and started working together to get a few things done around the house. Then I began the task of packing five people for Disney! Honestly, packing hasn't ever been too overwhelming for me. I can pull everything out but my problem is trying not to overpack. If it's just me, not a problem. But it's so long and I don't want anyone to need anything! 

We are checking one bag and have two carry on suitcases. The boys have a backpack with their snacks and activities and we have a diaper bag/backpack that we'll use in the parks as well. 

The boys took a nap while I finished laundry up and then the we loaded up to head to my grandma's for a cookout. 

We played soccer with the boys and my nephews, cooked hot dogs and s'mores. It was such a beautiful, cool evening. I love being close to family. 




{S U N D A Y}
I woke up early on Sunday to have some time to myself. I made monkey bread for the family and my own sweet breakfast for me. 

Our sermon was a new series on peace and oh man was it so good!! I am really excited to hear more. The biggest takeaway: "Peace redefined is not a temporary mental state, but a permanent state of reality." 

I stayed during our second service in one of our kids' rooms. I just love seeing them engage in the lessons, worship time and hearing about their weeks. 

After church I met Andrew and the boys who were at my in-laws. We stayed for lunch and played. My boys are seriously blessed with all the people who love them being so close. I went to the store to get a few things for the trip and Andrew took the boys home. When I got home, Hudson and Beau were playing and Gabe was asleep. Andrew said he walked into the house, grabbed his fox (his lovie) and went to his room and got in bed! Ha! 

Little man was TIRED!!

Sunday night is always our night to get ready for the week. So we played with the boys some and had dinner, read and put them to bed. They were pretty worn out from the weekend and we definitely need them rested before our big trip. 

Andrew and I caught up on some work, did a little more prep for the trip and went to bed. 

{M O N D A Y}
Monday was like most Mondays. Our mornings are pretty full. I made the boys breakfast, got them ready and Hudson on the bus. As he gets on the bus, Gabe's SP arrives. We love her dearly and she works with Gabe for about an hour. As she leaves, I get Beau and Gabe loaded up so we can take Beau to preschool. 

This week is Beau's week at preschool to share All About Me. I was carrying Gabe (who was being crabby) and Beau's poster into school and Beau was happy go-lucky as typical just chatting away. We both tried to walk through the door at the same time and I bumped him with my wide arm load. His head hit the door frame. Bless his heart! 

Whenever my kiddos hit their heads I hold them close and just rub the spot that got hit, except this time, I pulled my hand away to look at him and see you're ok and there was blood. Like a LOT. 

Fortunately, lots of other mamas were dropping off and helped me get me what I needed to clean Beau up (who was so calm and sweet) and see what the situation was. Thankfully it was just a small little nick. No need for stitches or anything other than a little TLC. He didn't want to stay the day. He had a good sized bump and seemed a little shaken up (we've never had blood like that before in our house) so he went home to rest up. 

See--crazy Monday!! 

Thankfully today was a calmer and we are all set for our trip!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to this crazy life! Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers and connecting with you all! Xoxo~Bekah