Monday, April 20, 2015

Easter

How was Easter already weeks ago??

The days seem to be flying by and I can't keep up with it all. But I want to remember it all. Every day my older two are saying the funniest things.  Their relationship becoming stronger.  Gabe growing and changing each day, still my baby, but getting so big. He watches Hudson and Beau and I know it won't be long before he is in on the action.

This Easter was such a fun time. It was jam packed with family and friends but I am realizing that I love it that way. That I relish the days filled to the brim with because I know my kids will only be little so long; that these activities will only make their eyes light up this way for a period of time.

Andrew had Good Friday off.  That day we headed to a nearby outlet mall to pick up some spring clothes for our boys, some Easter attire for Mom and Dad, and just get out of the  house.  It was a dreary day but we made the best of it.  We stopped to have lunch at an old-fashioned ice cream parlor and candy shop.  The boys thought it was cool and each picked out a goodie before we headed home.

That night I got to meet up with three of my best friends.  Between us we have eleven kids and my sweet friend is expecting twins due September so there will be lucky 13 soon enough! It isn't easy always trying to find a time to get together but a few years ago we started getting pedicures before Easter together.  This year, in the hustle of life and schedules, we carved out some much needed time.  It was so great to catch up, have some wine and laugh while we got cute toes ready for Sunday!

Saturday our crew headed over to my brother-in-law's. He and his family moved at the beginning of the year and we were so excited to see their new home.  And, we were celebrating my niece's 4th birthday! I don't think there is anything better than seeing your kids' faces light up when they see their cousins!! My boys may have been surrounded by girl toys but give them a party and they are in heaven!

Right after the party, my nieces (also 4 and 2) my boys, and my sister-in-law's younger sisters all gathered up to dye about 8 dozen eggs! There were only two minor spills and it wasn't even from the two-year olds!! They were way more into it this year than last!!

Later that night, we had what might be my new favorite Easter tradition.  Our good friends, who live just streets over, came down with their kids.  When it got dark, we had a glow in the dark Easter egg hunt for them and then made peep s'mores.  I wish I would have thought to take pictures but the sound of their laughter and their sweet faces eating s'mores--oh my gosh! Heaven!  It was definitely a late night but completely worth it!

The next morning our boys opened their Easter baskets.  They know they are from Andrew and I.  We have never done the Easter Bunny and don't plan to. It is something we feel like isn't necessary and we love that our boys are really understanding the meaning of Easter.



(That's a basket of clean, folded laundry, y'all. Don't judge!)


We got ready for church after that and headed out.  We had to get to church early.  It was my first week as the preschool leader.  Our church actually was  holding one service at a larger venue.  It was an amazing service (from what I was told) and we filled the place to capacity. Praise Jesus! It was a really amazing day.  I got to share the Resurrection story with 17 sweet hearts and that made my heart want to bust!!

After church we headed to Grandma Martha's for lunch and an egg hunt! My boys got gobs of eggs! Their sweet little outfits picking up eggs was just too cute!!






We headed across town (and got in quick cat naps) to my grandma's house for another egg hunt with my side of the family! (With a dead camera)

To say we were tuckered out as we headed home at six that evening would be an understatement! But like I said, I couldn't imagine a better weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to this crazy life! Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers and connecting with you all! Xoxo~Bekah