Friday, February 3, 2017

Friday Favorites {2-3-17}

Is it just me or did this week FLY by? I can't believe  it's already the first Friday of February! I am busy today working on Hudson's cake for our family party tomorrow. I am hoping to share it with y'all next week. Fingers crossed it turns out like the plan! Ha!

{O N E}
So I am still going with my healthy eating plan and goals to be my fittest by my 30th birthday. I am a water drinker. It isn't hard for me to drink water all day long. I never have liked soda. And although I always spice up my water with lime or lemon ALWAYS, I decided to get on La Croix train. I purchased a couple of flavors to start. I went with lemon, because, I already know I like that flavor. And I also got Cherry Lime.

Y'all, I don't like it. So technically, NOT a favorite. What are your favorites?? Help a girl out!

{T W O}
This is Us. Who's watching?? Who was majorly let down this week when it was supposed to be on and then was just NOT??!!! You can not show me previews that I fully expect to see in one week and then nothing! It just is not ok, NBC! 

But seriously, I love Jack and Rebecca. I love the peeks back into their growing up years. I love Randall. I am uber intrigued in Kevin's (who's character I feel has very little depth right now) past relationship that just came up.  I am obviously riveted by the adoption plot line and the challenges that adds to the family dynamic. 

Is it my favorite show of all time? No, not even close. {Side note: Parenthood fans can we all rally for one more season. BRING IT BACK!!} But Jack and Rebecca are probably in my top favorite TV couples of all time for sure.  


{T H R E E}
Our family got a pool membership as a family gift for Christmas. We are super excited. The boys (and this mama) have tons of friends that are also members. It is minutes from home. And I just can't wait to create those memories with my boys like I have growing up spending days at the pool. 

That being said, I've been thinking swimsuits. We'll all need a few because we'll be going so much. I have always been a BIG advocate of wearing a bikini if you want. Kids, no kids. Stretch marks or not. Just owning your own skin. However, I am feeling like this may be my year to go to a cute one piece. I am not decided fully yet. And of course, my feelings my change once I lose some of my winter fluff and get some color. Pass the self-tanner, please. 

These are some of the suits I am loving right now. 

Isn't this suit so pretty? I love the mesh detailing. It is a fun touch that allows you to show some skin without really baring it all. I also love that it covers the backside well too according to reviews. 


Clearly, I am taking the term one-piece and gravitating from the traditional sense. I don't need to be completely covered. I still want to get a great tan. And this cute, cut out suit delivers. Support with a halter top. Completely covered so I can move around and the high waisted bottoms cover that tough to tone area.

Typically, I stray away from a tie bottom because, well I am no longer in college. But, these are a more substantial bottom in my opinion. And the high neck halter with all the detail just makes the suit. I feel like it adds some sexiness without being overt and I can totally swim and play with my kids in the pool without any wardrobe malfunctions. #winwin


I love the high waist of these bottoms and the cute scallop detail on the top. I don't have a super long torso so not sure how this one would look on me but I feel like the coverage is right in all the places I want coverage and is totally a bikini I can rock as a mama without feeling too much like a "mom suit". 

{F O U R}
Purging. It has been happening around here. It all started with looking through my closet for an upcoming swap (more on that some other day). Well, once I got through my closet, I decided to go through all the closets. Then our storage area. And toys. And DVDs. It felt so good to have these piles of things leaving my house. I typically do this every few months when I get the itch to de-clutter. I have found that we always have "stuff" we aren't using/wearing/playing with. No one even misses it when it's gone and because of this, my house never feels over cluttered or full. I think we can all really do without so much more than we think.



That's all I have for today! I have a cake that needs finishing! Better get to it! Have a fabulous weekend!


5 comments:

  1. Hi! I am stopping by from the linkup! I like water too and wanted to join in the La Croix craze, but I too, just am not a fan. I don't know where you are located, but Harris Teeter (if you have one) brand is pretty good. I love Jack and Rebecca too! Is it wrong that I sort of want them to be a real life couple too? And those suits are cute! I love the black with the mesh! Hope you have a great weekend! -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. That swap sounds interesting. Super cute swimsuits the one with the mesh is my fave as well. Love this is us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I was SOOOO bummed when This is Us wasn't on this week! What the heck!? I am loving that show so much too. And too funny, I just ordered those high waisted floral bottoms to go with a different top I have, I hope they look cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your swim suit picks. They look so fun and comfortable! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to this crazy life! Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers and connecting with you all! Xoxo~Bekah