Monday, June 2, 2014

Weekend Recap

This weekend just flew by! It was another busy one but such a goodie.  I am loving all the fun activities we have had together these past few weekends.  We are definitely trying to soak up as much time as a family of four as possible before August.  And our guys are at such fun ages.  I mean, yes, Beau still is in diapers but they both know the routine of leaving, can eat a snack on their own in the car.  They are just over all more independent and excitable which makes outings much more fun!

Saturday was a long day that started early.  Our nephews were turning 3 and 1 and were having their birthday party.  It is a bit of a drive so we left right after breakfast.  Being the wonder mom that I am, I totally forgot to put in a couple of drinks for the boys.  So we made a pit stop half way there to refuel {aka get drinks and some snacks} Our boys do really well in the car but if they start to get hangry, it goes downhill pretty quickly.

The party was really cute. My sister-in-law always makes the boys cakes. She had little Mike and Suly smash cakes that were really sweet. There were quite a few kids there.  They played outside and inside.  Then had cake.  It was really sweet.  My boys love time with their cousins. {And yes.  You see no pictures.  I have not a one from the weekend.  Shame}

After the party it was lunch time so my mom joined us for lunch.  My boys, AGAIN, sat on the same side of the booth.  Acted like total crazies.  Not the crazies that you stare at in a restaurant praying they are almost done.  Just little goofy things.  They seriously had us in stitches.

We are on the hunt for a newer car for Andrew.  His Jeep is paid off but we want something a little more family friendly so we stopped and looked at a car he had been researching on our way home.  I HATE car shopping.  I don't think there is anything worse.  

By the time we got home it was after 5.  So this mama did what any mama would do and sent Andrew out for pizza while I bathed the boys.  Then they had a little pizza picnic and watched Nut Job.  It was cute. 

Sunday wasn't eventful.  We had church and then came home for lunch.  It started storming so the boys had to play inside.  I love how well they play together {most of the time}.  I can't wait to watch their friendships grow as they get older.  

Andrew and I finally decided that we should probably get started on this nursery thing.  Ha! I am really OCD and type A and had nurseries for either gender picked out so we could jump right in after the gender was revealed with Hudson and Beau.  I don't know what is going on with me and #3 but I just have not been on it.  I did find some inspiration (via Pinterest) so Sunday I started hunting down the items I wanted and making  my list.  I can't wait to get it all done and post up some pictures.  

Oh--and we may have decided on a name.  Large emphasis on the may there. 

While the boys napped I did laundry and cleaning while Andrew did some outside work.  The boys played outside after nap.  For dinner we grilled out and ate outside.  

Nothing special or out of the ordinary spectacular.  But I sat back and surveyed my little family, I was overwhelmed with how blessed and grateful I felt.  Just listening to Beau and his phrases and hearing Hudson's giggle.  The simplest things in life are often the ones I cherish the most.  

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend too! On to June! :) 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend!! How far along are you?? I can't remember if I've read that. Love that you almost have a name picked out. We aren't even pregnant but we have boy names we like...don't know what we'll do if we have a girl! :-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 28 weeks! Third trimester finally! :) It actually has gone pretty quickly. We had our girl name forever--but finding the third boy is tough. I think boy names are harder anyway! Love that you are talking names already!! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend! And I can hardly believe that it's June already.. where is this year going?! Saturday night pizza sounds like my kind of dinner :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to this crazy life! Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers and connecting with you all! Xoxo~Bekah