Monday, June 30, 2014

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!

Is it just me or are these days flying by? I mean it is practically July and we are halfway through the year! What the world?!!

Because I feel like our weekends start on Friday (don't ask me why) I am going to back it up all the way to last Friday.  It was such a pretty day.  It was really warm out but there was a nice breeze.  I decided that we would have a some water fun that morning since we probably wouldn't be back out until much later.  {I'm so thankful my boys nap during the heat of the day.  I dread the days where they are going to want to be outside during it. We will just have to spend all our time caked in sunscreen and in a pool!}

I want my boys to grow up loving the outdoors; loving simple joys.  So far they both really do.  They are so content to play and don't really need a whole lot.  I am sure that sounds like I am a boring mom but I just don't want to feed into the idea that my kids need a constant source of entertainment.  I want them to get dirty, have fun and explore!

So Friday we went out.  We filled the water table and got out all sorts of cups and toys.  I filled buckets with water and those spongy-soaker balls.  I made a tin foil river like I had seen on Pinterest. (original source via)

We had bubbles out too because my boys just can't get enough.  It was such a fun morning. Hot, but so fun!!

{Yes--these are poor quality iPhone photos. Expensive cameras and water don't mix}






Friday night we had a family movie night.  The boys got to go pick out candy to have with their popcorn and movie.  It is always so funny to see what they choose.  They love the chewy and sour candy.  And of course, good ole peanut M&Ms. 

Saturday we played outside even more.  It was really muggy.  Like, you might look like you just stepped out of the shower the moment you walked outside.  But did my boys car! Not in the least.  The hubby took them grocery shopping so I could get a few things done around the house before heading back to Decatur for an event.  Then we played outside some more and they "helped" Andrew mow.  





When the boys went down for nap, I snuck out.  I had an event on Sunday about an hour from Decatur so to break up the drive I was heading to Decatur on Saturday.  The boys couldn't have been more excited because anything just boys is just amazing to them.  I met  my parents for dinner and got to hang out with my brother and SIL who also came to town for a baby shower Tori was throwing a friend.  It was really nice to catch up with them!

I got to go to church with my parents Sunday morning before heading to Super Sunday.  Super Sunday is a quarterly event put on by Beachbody.  It was such a good time! There were over 100 coaches at our local event (they are all over the US and Canada in different regional locations).  I wrote about it a little more here but it was such a great time.  I got in an awesome workout, got to see lots of my team and learn a bunch!


I drove all the way back to Pittsfield after the event.  It wasn't like I was gone that long but it was so good to get out of the car and have my babies run up to me! I missed squeezing on them! 

What did you do this weekend? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to this crazy life! Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers and connecting with you all! Xoxo~Bekah